the VCS Admissions process
Welcome! Below you will find an overview of the steps involved in the VCS admissions process. More information on each step is given below the outline.
4-Step Enrollment Process
- Family Application (one per family)
- Student Application (one per student)
- Family Interview
Note: Valley Classical School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any school-administered programs.
The purpose of the pre-application steps is to encourage families to think through whether or not VCS would be a good option for their family before spending the time to go through the application process.
Step 1: All families wishing to apply must first attend an Information Meeting. This is to make sure that everyone understands what VCS is about. There are a lot of terms in our collaborative, classical, Christian schooling option, and we want to make sure that each family understands the nature of the school.
Step 2: Before applying, all families must read through the VCS info packet that is given out at the Information Meeting. We do not have nearly enough time to cover all of the details or questions one might have with regard to VCS in a single Information Meeting. The purpose of the information packet is to fill in many of these detail gaps.
There are two types of applications that must be filled out. One is the family application, and the other is a student application. You will need to fill out one family application (regardless of the number of children applying) and one student application per student seeking enrollment. Links to the applications can be found on the application webpage.
Additional details with regard to the family application:
- The family application will require that you list someone in leadership at your church that we can contact as a character reference.
- The application fee is $150 per family (whether you are applying for 1 student or 5).
Additional details with regard to the student application:
- Each incoming 1st grade and higher student application will require one letter of reference from a teacher, principal, or an academic mentor.
- There is a student academic assessment that is required as a part of each student application for incoming grades of Kindergarten and higher. The Kindergarten assessment is short and easy to fill out. The assessment will take some time for incoming 1st graders and higher. Links and instructions for the assessments are given at the end of each student application. Please note that your children do not need to perform perfectly on these assessments. The assessments are simply a way for us to get a feel for where your student is in math and language arts.
If your completed application suggests a good fit with VCS, you will be invited for a family interview. Family Interviews will include both parents, the child(ren) applying to enroll in VCS, and 2 to 3 board members. We’ll have a few questions for both the parents and children. The interview is not a test. It is an opportunity for us to meet your family, review the distinctive aspects of our school, and understand your family’s needs.
An invitation to enroll will then be extended, subject to a review of all applications and interviews. Payment of the enrollment fee reserves a place for that family's students. To enroll, families will then pay an enrollment fee to secure a spot at VCS. The fee is non-refundable.